LePage PL 400 is an interior and exterior heavy-duty premium quality adhesive, designed for structural projects that require strength and durability. Ideal for installing sub-floors, exterior sheathing, siding and decking. It may be used under a variety of moisture and temperature conditions ranging from sub-freezing to elevated temperatures, dry or wet framing, and framing with frozen surfaces. It provides excellent flexibility to compensate for the different expansion rates of dissimilar materials and is particularly effective when bonding irregular surfaces or bridging gaps between surfaces which helps eliminate floor squeaks. PL 400 forms a bond that cures stronger than the wood itself, bridges gaps and compensates for wood shrinkage. It’s low VOC and toluene-free formula meets LEED® standards.
- All Weather Application: -17°C to 49°C
- Cold Weather Gunnable: No “Roll-Up” on Frozen Lumber
- Adhesive Holds Bead Shape, No Splattering
- Gap-Filling Capabilities
- High Grab Reduces the Use of Fasteners
LePage PL 400 can be used in most interior and exterior construction projects either on the job or the production line. It bonds all wood to wood assemblies dry, wet or frozen. Primarily designed for on-site bonding of subfloor and plywood decking to joists during cold weather. PL 400 is suitable for use in drywall, plaster, metal, masonry, concrete, brick, ceramic tile, slate, treated lumber and most other projects requiring an adhesive. Ideal for use in prefab or modular construction.
For Best Results:
- Not recommended for polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) and acrylic
- Not recommended for unlined expanded or extruded polystyrene plastic foams
- Not suitable for permanent water immersion
- Not suitable for applications requiring temperature resistance greater than 66°C or below -20°C
- 295 ml
- 825 ml
Clean tools and uncured adhesive residue immediately with mineral spirits or paint thinner in a well-ventilated area to the outdoors. Cured adhesive may be carefully cut away with a sharp-edged tool.
Material Safety Data Sheet